The guide on the vape battery
Vaping is a fascinating trend that is catching up rapidly across the world. Smoking on the go with such ease has led to a rise in the popularity of vape pens. Many varieties of vape pens and vaporizers in different shapes, sizes, capacities, and features are available in the marketplace today. The technology is new to most users, so understanding the system helps ensure a happy and smooth experience.
One of the components of a vape pen or vaporizer is the battery. The battery is critical in ensuring a safe vape module experience. Several refillable or pre-filled cartridge designs of vape modules are available today. Expanding your knowledge about the suitable batteries to use with these designs will help avoid any bad experiences or damaging your vape pens.
Understanding the types of vape pen batteries
The primary purpose of a battery in a vaping module is to heat the oil from the cartridge provided to convert it to smoke. The battery does not have to be too powerful for this function. Vape batteries can be internal or external. Each of them poses a few pros and cons. Internal batteries can be the best choice for beginners as it eliminates the need to worry about the various options. Charging them properly is an important point to remember while working with internal batteries. Internal battery devices usually connect to the main outlet or other USB-compatible devices with a micro USB cable. Use the charger appropriate for the specifications of the battery. Charge only up to 85%, and do not use the vaporizer when the charge falls below 20%
In the case of an external battery, you can change them whenever necessary. The mod is reusable after replacing the storm, and the system is relatively easy to use. External batteries require reliable battery chargers that can also prolong your battery life and battery cycle. Like internal chargers, the rule about choosing the correct specifications applies here too. If the battery is compatible with the charger, it can prolong your battery life cycle and ensure safety while operating the device. One can visit and review various Vape pens based on battery life and choose wisely.
Vape battery – Decoding the different sizes
External vape batteries are available in different sizes. Among these, the most popular codes are 18350, 26650, and 18650. New designs also have batteries of codes 21700 and 20700. The first two digits of the code refer to the dimension of the battery measured across, and the last three indicate the length in mm. These codes help deduce the batteries to support different types of vaporizers.
510 Threaded Batteries
The 510 threaded batteries are the most commonly used style for vape pens today. Most portable vape pens use 510 threaded battery setups except for pods or larger batteries. Although the 510-threaded battery style is typical for most cartridge types, some cells can be too powerful for a specific cartridge setup. Hence, you must pay special attention to understanding the specifications before choosing. One of the essential features of 510 that makes it likable to users is the amount of customization it allows. It has the largest selection, so it is possible to alter your experience just how you like it with a vape pen battery.
If you purchase a pre-filled cartridge, you will find 510 threads. A small magnetic adapter helps connect the cartridge and the battery. The typical battery voltage range of 510 threaded batteries lies between 3.3v – 4.8v. But there is a wide variety of selections to explore for each of your vape pen requirements. For example, if you work with an oil cartridge, voltages lower than 3.3v will be most appropriate. Whereas if you use a ceramic or wickless cartridge type, you will require higher voltages. Use the most moderate range of voltages first, and you can slowly increase it to enhance the vapor quality. In addition, you can explore the three varieties of vape pens with 510 thread batteries, such as buttonless, buttoned, and variable voltage battery styles.
Choosing the right ratings
As discussed, a critical characteristic to determine the correct battery for your mod is to evaluate your battery's current and capacity ratings. Two features indicate how effective your battery is for vaping. First, the total capacity of your storm is available in the mAh rating, whereas the Amps rating gives the discharge rate. If your battery has a high power or high value of mAh, then the chances are that the Amps ratings are low. It is because the discharge of the battery in this system is slow. This type of setting is most appropriate for low-wattage devices.
Tips to enhance your battery life
Now that we have discussed quite some information about vape batteries, we will continue to explore ways to utilize them well. Using and maintaining your battery well ensures you can use your vaporizers or vape pens for a prolonged duration without worry. The typical battery cycle for any rechargeable battery is 500 charges. But you can use a few tips to ensure that it lasts longer.
- Never drain your battery till the last drop. Using your vape pens when your battery is about to finish is harmful. It stresses the battery capacity excessively and affects the number of charge cycles left.
- Store your batteries properly. Invest in a good battery case to remove and store your batteries afterward. Place your batteries at the appropriate temperature to ensure there are no chances of explosion due to high temperature or pressure conditions.
- Avoid overcharging your batteries. Do not leave your battery to charge all night or more than 90%. It could lead to damage to the battery as well as catastrophic effects such as explosions.
- Invest in a second set. Invest in a second pair of batteries if you regularly use your vape pens or mods. Switch between the two to enhance the battery life while enjoying vaping for as long as you like.
- Clean your vape pens and batteries. Accumulating dirt, dust, or residue at the vaping system's contact points or heating areas can reduce efficiency and increase stress on the battery significantly. Hence take time to separate each part of your vaporizer and clean it properly.
- Always choose good quality. Batteries are a long-time investment concerning your safety. Hence ignore frugal purchase habits when it comes to buying them. Research and invest in high-quality batteries that ensure safety and efficiency. Check your battery for any damages before placing it in the module as a precaution in case of problems while charging.