Please email us if you would like to place an international order.

Vaping for stress relief - a good or bad idea?

Vaping for stress relief - a good or bad idea?

Vaping for stress relief - a good or bad idea?

We have all had our fair share of stress over recent months. But even before the world was turned on its head this time last year, stress was something that practically everyone seemed to be complaining about. First and foremost, it’s worth remembering that a certain amount of stress isn’t wrong. It’s a natural reaction to situations that need your attention and forces you to focus on solving the problem. However, when life brings one such situation after another, and stress becomes the norm, it can become counter-productive. Nicotine causes an immediate release of dopamine, which is why smokers reach for a cigarette in stressful situations. However, vaping presents a better alternative for several reasons.

Less harmful than smoking

Not everyone who vapes electronic cigarette does so as a way to wean themselves off cigarettes, but it is fair to say that a significant proportion of vape users are “reformed smokers.” The advantage of vaping over smoking is that no combustion is involved, so you only inhale the nicotine vapor. With a cigarette, the smoke also contains a wide range of unpleasant components, some of which are carcinogenic.

Vaping for strees relief

Alternatives to nicotine

Even if you vape it instead of smoking it, there are other downsides to nicotine that you need to keep in mind. One is that it is incredibly addictive. Research suggests it is as hard to quit as heroin. The great thing about vaping is that there are herbal alternatives that you can vape, which still help you wind down but are non-addictive. Just be aware that certain vape pens are better suited to certain types of vape juice. It’s worth checking out the top vape products online to ensure you have the correct vape pen for your needs and the product you will be vaping.


Sure, there are other ways to de-stress that don’t involve vaping, and we will mention some of them in a moment. But the great thing about a vape is that it provides instant results. If you’re desperately rushing to meet a deadline or trying to balance the household expenses, it’s not exactly practical to go and get a massage or listen to whale music in a darkened room for half an hour. But taking 10 minutes to gather your thoughts and give your body and mind a quick time-out can be slotted into even the most stressful situation.

What about the downsides?

It’s always important to remember that while vaping is far less harmful than smoking, that doesn’t mean it is entirely harmless. Research is ongoing, but it is thought that by choosing to vape, you eliminate about 90 percent of the toxins present in cigarette smoke. Of course, that still leaves 10 percent. Although you can stop more by choosing a healthier type of vape juice, it is still worth considering other stress-relieving activities, such as meditation and exercise.

Gypsy Vapes Posted by Gypsy Vapes

Reviews about latest E Cigarette, Vape, Vaporizer, Mods.

Tips on buying good products, useful information and evidence-based, rational commentary on the world of e-cigs.

Latest news in electronic smoking  latest industry, feature and opinion pieces from around the vaping world.

moneybookers visa-electron american-express mastercard discover
Gypsy Vapes © 2024